Sharon began her employment at NAMI Westchester in 2006 as Office Administrator, moved into Program Director in 2011 and was promoted to Executive Director in 2017. Sharon is a trained presenter for NAMI’s Ending the Silence and teacher for Family to Family and is a New York State Trainer for these programs. She serves on the following committees in Westchester County:
- Westchester County Suicide Prevention and Awareness Task Force
- Westchester County Coordinate Children Services
- Westchester County Co-Occurring System of Care
- PNW BOCES Regional Crisis Stabilization Task Force
- Westchester Jewish Community Services Incident Report Committee
- New York Presbyterian Patient & Family Advisory Council.
Sharon is also the parent of a daughter diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. She credits her daughter’s recovery and her family’s survival to NAMI Westchester for the support and education received. Her daughter has been in recovery for more than six years and lives a fulfilling and independent life. Sharon knows firsthand the need for NAMI in helping families and those who live with a mental illness, and she shares her personal story in educating the community and giving hope to families.